Rebuilding RPM file

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri Feb 21 11:17:52 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an up to date RPM built, using a CentOS 6 machine do the building.

I've downloaded mailscanner-4.84.6-1.src.rpm

I've unpacked using rpm -i and that seems fine, I can see the source tgz and specs file as I would expect.

I've then unpacked the tgz, pulled in latest files from git and made a patch which I've added to the specs, then rebuilt the rpm. So far no problem.

When I come to install, however I have the following dependency issues:

--> Processing Dependency: perl(MailScanner::FileInto) for package: mailscanner-4.84.6-1.noarch
--> Processing Dependency: perl(MailScanner::MCPMessage) for package: mailscanner-4.84.6-1.noarch
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: mailscanner-4.84.6-1.noarch (/mailscanner-4.84.6-1.noarch)
           Requires: perl(MailScanner::FileInto)
Error: Package: mailscanner-4.84.6-1.noarch (/mailscanner-4.84.6-1.noarch)
           Requires: perl(MailScanner::MCPMessage)

And on further investigation, if I simply 'rpmbuild --rebuild' the src rpm, the same dependency issues are present. I also notice the rpm I've generated is some 140k smaller than the one downloaded from the MS webpage.

So - I suspect I'm missing a trick with the rebuild. I have been simply doing ' rpmbuild -ba MailScanner4.spec'. Is there something else I should be putting on this command line?

Thanks

Stef