Mailscanner process mail too slow

Carlos R Laguna carlosr at jovenclub.cu
Wed Dec 24 00:57:33 GMT 2014

El 23/12/14 a las 17:21, Kevin Miller escibió:
> If you haven't already done so, one thing that can help, assuming you have the spare RAM is to add this to your /etc/fstab:
>
> none  /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming  tmpfs   defaults,size=1024m  0 0
>
> That's the working directory where messages are scanned and evaluated.  Doing it in RAM is much faster than on disk.
>
> Adjust the size as appropriate if needed.  I'm using a gig of memory - I could probably get by with a lot less as I don't have that busy of a mail server.
>
> What is Max Children set to in MailScanner.conf?
>
> ...Kevin
> --
> Kevin Miller
> Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.
> 155 South Seward Street
> Juneau, Alaska 99801
> Phone: (907) 586-0242, Fax: (907) 586-4500
> Registered Linux User No: 307357

Hi Kevin

Actually ... (This is a container **openvz)

/dev/simfs       60G   49G   11G  82% /
none            1.5G  4.0K  1.5G   1% /dev
none            308M   80K  308M   1% /run
none            5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
none            1.5G  108K  1.5G   1% /run/shm
tmpfs           1.5G   52M  1.5G   4% /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
tmpfs           1.5G   68K  1.5G   1% /tmp

  the max of children is 15 in a Intel Xeon x 6 4Gb of ram, at this time
the mail is flowing again, but it always does at this specific hour so i
am not sure if the change to clamd work or not.Thanks for your time and
efforts. Regards
 XII Edicion del Evento Nacional de Informatica para Jovenes. INFOCLUB.
 Abril. 2015. Ver www.jovenclub.cu

y se considera que está limpio.