Mailscanner process mail too slow

Kevin Miller kevin.miller at juneau.org
Tue Dec 23 22:21:32 GMT 2014

If you haven't already done so, one thing that can help, assuming you have the spare RAM is to add this to your /etc/fstab:

none  /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming  tmpfs   defaults,size=1024m  0 0

That's the working directory where messages are scanned and evaluated.  Doing it in RAM is much faster than on disk.

Adjust the size as appropriate if needed.  I'm using a gig of memory - I could probably get by with a lot less as I don't have that busy of a mail server.

What is Max Children set to in MailScanner.conf?

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.