New to MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:05:20 IST 2014

Actually... Postfix has had recipient verification capabilities inbuilt for
some time, so there really is no need for milter-ahead to enter the
equation. What many do is to implement some other method of verifying the
viability of recipients, to be able to weed out the kind of e-mail
addresses that make no sense outside the "forest" or "organizaional unit"
serviced by the AD/Exchange server(s).
In my case I do this with a pretty straightforward shell script around a
pretty basic ldapsearch (from openldap), that weed out all things I don't
want to expose, and that generate and postmap a relay recipient map. ISTR
there being something about this in the wiki already, as well as how to
setup PF for general recipient verification:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn

-- Glenn