First Match vs All Match

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Fri Oct 4 21:29:11 IST 2013

Hello,

So, I found out the hard way after much face-to-keyboard action that "Allow
Webbugs" is an "All Match" rule. So if I have this:

user at domain  yes

acme.com  disarm

If user at domain sends a web bug in an email it will be allowed. Unless of
course he sends it to acme.com where it will be denied. Well, this presents
a problem if you have a valid sender you wish to allow to send web bugs to
your domain while blocking all others.

So, does anyone know if All Match and First Match is a configurable item
for rule sets? I know it is not in the MailScanner.conf, but perhaps a pm
file could be modified?

Jerry Benton
Mailborder Systems
www.mailborder.com