Left over temp and tnef files

Remco Barendse mailscanner at barendse.to
Tue Oct 1 04:39:47 IST 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> On 09/26/2013 08:21 AM, Arjan Melein wrote:
>> Second there are 771806 files under /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp/ (rm is having a hard time cleaning these up, 780k files making up 60MB)
>

> See <https://github.com/MailScanner/MailScanner/pull/4>

The link suggests that the problem was found and fixed, does that mean i
should not get flooded with temp files from MailScanner 4.84.6 to which i
updated only a couple of weeks ago?

I am using sendmail but i get tons of tmp files in /tmp and
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp/

At the moment i am using a cron job to just delete everything in those
directories on a once per week basis.

A fix would be nice though..... :)