storing messages - found permission pb... not enought...

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Mon May 27 12:21:25 IST 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 10:41:36AM +0200, Glenn Steen wrote:
> >> start the debug run via "MailScanner --debug". This will start
> >> MailScanner without forking any children and without closing
> >> stdin/stderr... And it will wait for exactly 1 message (or rather ...
> >> one batch), process it and then exit... whilst spewing a bit of debug
> >> info onto the screen.
> >> Best is to run that as the postfix user (even though it should work
> >> perfectly well from root... you could do two runs, one from root, one
> >> from postfix.. The process should change user to whatever you have the
> >> "Run User" set to... ie postfix:-).
> >> After a bit of chatter, it'll hang, waiting for a messagebatch...
> >> Which you need provide via normal SMTP methods.
> >>
> >> We'll see what that gives you.
> >
> > Runnng as root:
> >
> > root at smtp:~# MailScanner --debug
> >

> > In Debugging mode, not forking...
> > Trying to setlogsock(unix)
> > Building a message batch to scan...
> > Have a batch of 2 messages.
> > Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63, <$fh> line 4.
> > Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63.
> > Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63.
> > Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63.
> > Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63.
> > Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63.
> > Insecure dependency in unlink while running with -T switch at /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 630.
> > Insecure dependency in unlink while running with -T switch at /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 630.
> > Insecure dependency in unlink while running with -T switch at /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 630.
> > Insecure dependency in unlink while running with -T switch at /usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 630.
> > Stopping now as you are debugging me.
> >

> > Googling for this message, I understand is related to the perl code not to
> > system setup, correct?
> > So I don't see any interesting message...
> >
> Well, the above probably indicate that any file manipulations done in
> the perl code, through those "insecure" calls/dependencies, don't get
> done.
> Edit your MailScanner executable and change the first line from
> #!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/MailScanner
> #!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/MailScanner -U

Well, I'm getting more and more puzzled.

1. I already have -U flag in the shabang

2. the system is derived from an EFA [1] virtual machine that I modified. I
   reinstalled the original EFA and that does work correctly

So I'm checking the two system side-by-side and I can't see the
differences...

Is there a way to raise the debugging level of MailScanner?

sandro
*:-)