Single email, multiple Spamassassin attempls

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Fri May 17 01:08:30 IST 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com> wrote:
> not normal, but it's telling you whats happening as it can't get a proper
> scan out of the message. I'd check you're permissions and the like are good
> to start with
> then run the problem message through a debug session (loggied in as postfix
> user first so you get a proper look at any permissions issues)

You lost me on "logged in as postfix" ...

# grep postfix /etc/passwd
postfix:x:89:89::/var/spool/postfix:/sbin/nologin

The above is from the new RHEL gateway.

All our older Ubuntu gateways are ...
# grep postfix /etc/passwd
postfix:x:108:116::/var/spool/postfix:/bin/false

I never considered that

Run As User = postfix
Run As Group = postfix

actually required the postfix account to support being "logged into".

Do you mean sudo -u postfix MailScanner ...  ?

If I do "sudo -u postfix MailScanner --lint" both this new and the older
gateways (which have been working for years) fail but fail differently
(different versions of MailScanner as well).

How do I "run the problem message through a debug session"?
In the man pages and in the book I have failed to see how to do that.

--
Robert Lopez