SV: Betr.: Re: Mailscanner performance monitoring ?

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Tue May 7 11:12:41 IST 2013

Arjan:

If you don't already, you should do what exim calls callouts. It basically checks to see if you backend/receiving server will accept the recipient address.

And if not the mailscanner box doesn't accept the mail and its rejected before any av or antispam checks. This saves huge amounts of processing. Also it doesn't require anything like ldap or dayli syncs, only smtp.

I'm not sure what postfix and sendmail calls it, but I'm sure they have something similar

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Jonas Akrouh Larsen

TechBiz ApS
Laplandsgade 4, 2. sal