Sign Clean Messages not working / problem messages?

Gray McCord gdm at sangabriel.com
Sun May 5 00:44:27 IST 2013

I'm in the midst of a server platform swap and part of it is moving from a
sendmail/mailscanner environment to a postfix/mailscanner system.  Of
course, everything has been updated to the most recent versions for Centos
6.4 from fairly ancient versionsŠ

I'm seeing two quirks that are annoying but not impacting delivery:

For some reason, even though "sign clean messages" is set to yes and I
verified the locations of the inline text, it never shows up in delivered
mail
I'm getting regular messages from MailScanner complaining about Problem
Messages"

As I said, these don't seem to be interfering with email, but I can't find
anything in the logs that point me to a solution.  Any suggestions from the
experts?

Centos 6.4
Postfix 2.6.6
Mailscanner info from Mainscanner‹lint

> MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 872 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 3966 hostnames from the phishing blacklists

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.84.5) is correct.

Your envelope_sender_header in spam.assassin.prefs.conf is correct.
MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
MailScanner setting UID to  (89)

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
I have found clamd scanners installed, and will use them all by default.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 7 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED::Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 2 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses
Virus Scanner test reports:
Clamd said "eicar.com was infected: Eicar-Test-Signature"

If any of your virus scanners (clamd)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.

Thanks!

Gray D. McCord