OT: Do RBLs take precedence over access entries

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Mar 15 18:46:18 GMT 2013

Steve Campbell wrote on Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:07:16 -0400:

> I've added an entry at the top
> of the access file to "OK" the sender, but the email still gets blocked.

I *think* it is the access file that takes precedence. But I don't know,
sorry.
I have entries like
CONNECT: domain
in the last sendmail installation I have. But I'm not sure if it ever
worked. We switched about the same time away from SORBS as it was giving
too many FPs and the problem with the blocked mail servers went away.

> I've informed the sender that she should be receiving some form of
> notice that we have rejected their email, but they insist that they do
> not get the notice, so I'm having a little trouble figuring out which IP
> they're using this week.

The log tells you.

Kai