Getting mailscanner into Fedora

Jerry Benton jerry.benton at mailborder.com
Fri Jul 12 08:20:06 IST 2013

Chris,

Getting MailScanner into EPEL would be great. I do agree. However, running
a server platform on Fedora is an amazingly bad idea. The software is so
bleeding edge that entirely defeats the purpose of running it on a server
because it is not what you need for a server platform, which is: mature,
stable, secure, and reliable.

So, no, newer does not equal better for servers where critical services are
handled. Of course, some may disagree.

Jerry Benton

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com>wrote:

> To Jerry:
>
> I never say newer is better. But the fact is newer things are
> appearing more and more now. After doing a searching of each package
> ms needed, I found that all these packages have newer version now, and
> newer version is now in not only Fedora, but many other distros.
>
> You can enjoy your life with many old systems, like me, also have a
> CentOS 5 instance on my server. But I just said I will have a try to
> get this famous software borned again in the repos.
>
> I'm just saying, too.
>
> To Stephen Swaney:
>
> Thanks. I want to package it for Fedora because I also want to package
> it for EPEL and because EPEL can be configured on RHEL/CentOS servers.
> I don't use Fedora as server OS.
>
> I think EPEL is old enough.

> not trying to start an argument here.

Jerry Benton