New install MailScanner will not start Fedora 12

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 10:53:19 GMT 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Ove JK. Evensen wrote:

> Just from looking on what you sent, it looks like Mailscanner starts but
> something is killing it. SO do use debug to get more info about this,
> and with a syslog server would help a lot, I do that when I have
> problems.
>
> But also MUST say that you have done a HUGH mistake of moving this in to
> production BEFORE testing that everything works. So saying the customers
> are really upset, just stats that you did not plan this, and are not
> going to help you get help quicken.

It is also a mistake to use Fedora 12 in production as support ended on it
a couple of years ago, so there are bound to be security holes. It would
be a better idea to use one of the Red Hat clones such as CentOS or
Scientific Linux (if I remember rightly RHEL6 was based on Fedora 12 or
thereabouts so they should be similar, but you will get security fixes,
etc.).

 	Michael Young