Exceptions to the rules.

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Thu Dec 5 10:06:44 GMT 2013

Hi,

Running MailScanner 4.84.5-3 with Postfix 2.5.1

Assuming a domain receipt.com for which incoming email is normally scanned. I need to make an exception for a couple of known safe senders, so that email they send is never scanned at all, even when addressed to receipt.com

This may not be the most sensible plan in the universe, but it is the one I have been tasked with by the man who signs my paycheck!

My understanding is that I can have in MailScanner.conf a line

Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

And then in scan.messages.rules, lines of the form