Training or adujsting of SpamAssassin How to?

VladoB vladob at pb.coopexsoft.sk
Wed Dec 4 09:54:05 GMT 2013

Hi.

I use SpamAssassin. I occasionally run sa-learn on selected IMAP
folders, like this:

    sa-learn --ham --no-sync "/home/user1/Maildir/dir1/cur"
    sa-learn --ham --no-sync "/home/user1/Maildir/dir2/cur"
    sa-learn --ham --no-sync "/home/user2/Maildir/dir3/cur"
    sa-learn --spam --no-sync "/home/user3/Maildir/.Junk/cur"
    sa-learn --spam --no-sync "/home/user4/Maildir/.Junk/cur"
    sa-learn --sync

In case of extra annoying spam I add rules to spamassassin-local.cf
manually, like this:

    body     LOCAL_ELGORDO1         /El Gordo International Email
    Lottery Award/i
    score    LOCAL_ELGORDO1         4
    describe LOCAL_ELGORDO1         Spam from El Gordo

Spam countermeasures will never be 100% perfect. Better some mails slip
through, than correct mail catched and not delivered.

~~/VladoB/~~