SV: mailscanner + exim release from out queue

Jonas Akrouh Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Mon Apr 29 11:16:41 IST 2013

Hi Alex

We use exim as well, the reasoning was that since we use debian, and exim is default in dbian, it would be the most obvious choice. Also exim is extremely modular/expandable/customizable. While postfix might be possible to expand customize as well, my impression is that it's not as simple as exim.

We've been using exim+mailscanner for 5+ years with great results.

My only caveat to the setup, is that we can't do the scanning at smtp time like amavisd does.

Best regards

Jonas Larsen