Betr.: RE: ***POTENTIALLY SPAM*** Re: Fedora 18 and MailScanner

Arjan Melein Amelein at dantumadiel.eu
Fri Apr 19 08:15:27 IST 2013

I'm running  MS on Fedora for the simple fact that CentOS is rather outdated with its packages that I had trouble getting the required minimal versions of some packages (i forgot which unfortunately). This is the 'problem' with all enterprise distributions as they are made for stability and not bleeding edge, and IMO bleeding edge is what you need in the fight against spam.
That's why I took the time to get it running on Fedora, which indeed costs more time and comes with a few quirks and core changes that occasionally make me facepalm.

-
Arjan