Fedora 18 and MailScanner

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 9 10:47:33 IST 2013

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013, Jerry Benton wrote:

> No what I mean is there might not even be a /var/run. It may be /usr/lib/run
> on his system. Point is that he needs to check the path used in
> MailScanner.conf as the first step.

On Fedora 18 /var/run is actually a symlink to /run which is a tmpfs file
system, so it should work. You probably need to check selinux isn't
getting in your way (setenforce 0 to stop it blocking anything until
reboot, or set SELINUX=permissive or SELINUX=disabled in
/etc/selinux/config to change the setting on reboot). I do agree with the
others though that Fedora is a bad choice for a server as you will need to
upgrade it at least once a year, and it is sometimes less stable than
something like CentOS.

 	Michael Young