ScamNailer False Positives

Dan H. Eicher dhe at cise.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 11 16:01:30 IST 2012

I'm in the process of transitioning from:
    Solaris+amavisd+postfix+dovecot+procmail   -to-
    Redhat 6.3+MailScanner+postfix+dovecot+procmail

I thought I would try here, as sanesecurity points me to:
scamnailer at ecs.soton.ac.uk -  Julian Field for issues with Scamnailer.

Almost all the emails I get from UFL's helpdesk are marked as:
“ScamNailer.Phish.helpdesk_AT_ufl.edu.UNOFFICIAL” and quarantined.

I've been monitoring this situation and have been hand releasing the
trapped emails with:
“amavisd-release file address.”

What is the correct thing for a mail admin to “do”, to get scamnailer to
work “more better?”

Thanks,
Dan