mailscanner loop when notify

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:11:28 GMT 2012

On 8 November 2012 22:29, GiNo PaoLo <paolg16 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I have installed mailscanner-4.84.5-2 from tarball and i have a problem
> when "high scoring spam actions = notify store", spamassassin check and
> detect like high spam, then spam action said: "message actions are store,
> notify " then "notify user1 at dominio.com", but never pass to postfix to
> send
> mail with notification to the user, just the proccess there end.
> that i'snt all, because postfix found this message and pickup again the
> message with another ID and pass to the mailscanner, and mailscanner again
> analyze and repeat the procces of spam actions again.
> this loop follow to i remove the queue of postfix incoming.
>
> score spam= 3
> score high spam= 5
>
> postfix 2.7.1-1+squeeze1
> spamassassin 3.3.1 installed from install_Clam-SA-latest.tar.gz from web
> mailscanner.info
>
> i hope your help.
>
> thnks

If you check the processing database, do the problem IDs "linger"
there? If you do a debug run (stop MailScanner, supply the message,
run "MailScanner --debug" as the postfix user... ISTR the wiki
containing more detailed instructions;), and check that MailScanner
isn't dying on you... Might be the usual taint problem (cured by the
-U fix)...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn