Sanitize Subject / FixMaliciousSubjects

Sylvain Donnet sylvain.donnet at ddo.net
Fri May 11 11:25:43 IST 2012

Hi,

I have some customers who have automats sending mails with a formatted subject, both containing numerous spaces, and ending by the file name, file attached to mail. So, Mailscanner has a double reason to rewrite the subject line; thanks to FixMaliciousSubjects subroutine in SweepContent.pm

Automats cannot be rewritten, it would have been more simple...

I just commented the corresponding line in SweepContent.pm to avoid the call of subroutine.

But, I ask to myself : is it possible to imagine, one day, to have a setting in MailScanner.conf to ,have/have not, this behaviour ?

Best Regards

Sylvain Donnet
DDO Organisation