Rulesets

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Fri May 11 10:44:48 IST 2012

Hello,

I think I have some confusion over the order in which rulesets are
parsed.

I have a scan.messages.rules which starts with some exceptions, such as:

From: sender at foo.com    And To: *@bar.com    no

then further down the file the general rule

To: *@bar.com    yes

and a default rule

FromOrTo:    default    no

I've been working on the assumption it is parsed in order, so that email
matching the exceptions should not be scanned, the majority of mail for
bar.com would be scanned and then anything left is ignored.

However, it appears that the exceptions still end up being scanned (ie
in the above example mail from sender at foo.com to bar.com is being
scanned). I can't find anything in README or EXAMPLES which gives
guidance on this. Nor can I find it in the book. Finally, my google-fu
is apparently not strong in this case.

What I did find in the book was the concept of nested rulesets. I wonder
if I should be using something like.