Solution: Bypass mailscanner for authenticated smtp users.

Aaron Greengrass archive at greenbtn.com
Mon May 7 05:39:00 IST 2012

Indeed.

Noel Butler sent me this option as an alternative, and it's exactly what
i was looking for (i'm using it instead).  See below.

/When I used mailscanner I solved this easily by -

1/ Only accept users sending mail on submission port/ /
2/ leave header checks alone
3/  in master.cf

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd/ /
   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o
smtpd_recipient_restrictions=reject_unknown_recipient_domain,permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
   -o smtpd_data_restrictions=
   -o receive_override_options=no_milters,no_header_body_checks
   -o content_filter=

(the override_options line is the critical one here)/ /

/