Blocked message for no apparent reason

Gottschalk, David dgottsc at emory.edu
Thu May 3 16:45:00 IST 2012

I've got a strange issue with MailScanner. It seems a message is being blocked, but I'm not sure why. Originally, I thought it was blocked by SpamAssassin (even though the score has never exceeded the threshold), and hitting a cache hit for every subsequent message. I cleared the SpamAssassin cache, and even whitelisted it in MailScanner with no dice. Any help figuring out what is going on here would be greatly appreciated. I've never seen this occur before, so I'm not sure where else to look and investigate. Below is a copy of the sendmail logs, some sensitive information has been removed.

Apr 18 16:11:55 sendmail: [mail.info] q3IKBtOJ020557: from=<no-reply at burgiss.com>, size=1377, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<XMAILj4PPRE3IvhXJ4d00000538 at xmail.bg.lan>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=removed
Apr 18 16:12:06 MailScanner: [mail.notice] Saved entire message to /mailscanner/MailScanner/quarantine/20120418/q3IKBtOJ020557
Apr 18 16:12:11 MailScanner: [mail.info] Message q3IKBtOJ020557 from 74.125.149.40 (no-reply at burgiss.com) is whitelisted
Apr 18 16:12:11 MailScanner: [mail.info] SpamAssassin cache hit for message q3IKBtOJ020557
Apr 18 16:12:11 MailScanner: [mail.info] Message q3IKBtOJ020557 from 74.125.149.40 (no-reply at burgiss.com) to emory.edu is not spam (whitelisted), SpamAssassin (cached, score=2.006, required 8, autolearn=disabled, MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY 2.00, T_MIME_NO_TEXT 0.01)

David Gottschalk
Emory University
UTS Messaging Team

prohibited.