Database Configuration

Andrew Colin Kissa andrew at topdog.za.net
Wed Mar 14 09:33:16 GMT 2012

On 14 Mar 2012, at 11:10 AM, Joolee wrote:

> As far as i know, that is not supported by default. I was planning to run a script that writes the content of a database to ruleset files. I think, performance wise, it's also the best solution as it saves a lot of queries.

Thats incorrect, the SQLConfig module is mainline since version 4.80.10-1, As far as performance is concerned, there are NO "lot of queries", the query to load configurations is run on startup, and a simple query is run at intervals to check if the serial number has been incremented or not.

The configs are read into memory just like your filesystem rulesets.

- A

--
www.baruwa.org