Mailwatch per_user filtering

Jeremy McSpadden jeremy at fluxlabs.net
Tue Mar 6 13:42:29 GMT 2012

Take a look at Baruwa. Alot more options than mail watch.

--
Jeremy McSpadden

On Mar 6, 2012, at 4:49 AM, "glenn b" <rietendakje at live.nl<mailto:rietendakje at live.nl>> wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve want some more information about user_administration in mailscanner/mailwatch.

At this moment I’ve been looking to the documentation on the website and found out that you can add several different user types.

Documentation: http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=mailwatch:documentation:user_administration

I’m interested in the ‘R’ typ : Regexpr.

INSERT INTO user_filters VALUES ('<username>','<regexp>',md5(rand()),'Y');

I’ve been looking for some examples, but I couldn’t found one on the web. The things I want to know, is what you can put in the <regexp> field.

As I’m correct you can setup a user with a certain view with this method, is it possible to set some user op that can view everything except certain mails with a certain object?

For example:

•         User R cannot see mails from mails incomming with subject “Private”.

•         User R2 cannot read the body from sensitive/confidential mails. ( this info is located in the message header)

At this moment I’m interesting to setting up a user for the second example, but I’m not sure if this is possible and if a regular expression can help me with this.

Any advice or examples are welcome.

Kind Regards,

Glenn