Spam Issues w/ MailScanner and SpamAssassin

Jeremy McSpadden jeremy at fluxlabs.net
Fri Mar 2 16:29:26 GMT 2012

Can you pastebin some of the emails + headers. Are you using any RBLs?

--
Jeremy McSpadden

On Mar 2, 2012, at 10:27 AM, "Jonathan Bober" <jtbober at argentassociates.com<mailto:jtbober at argentassociates.com>> wrote:

All,

I setup a mail server for a small business with mailscanner, spamassassin, and clamav to handle any viruses or spam. They were being inundated with spam still so I adjusted some settings within mailscanner and spamassassin as well as adding pyzor, razor, dcc and sought rules. For most users this has helped quite a bit but there are still 4 users within the system that are getting hundreds of “enlargement” emails and they are at odds with me about it. Anyone have any experience with a small group of users that are getting tons of spam? Any possible causes mailscanner and spamassassin to allow this through? I have the system set to delete spam as it comes in but this is to no avail.

Thanks,

Jonathan