MailScanner 4.84 - attempted to kill MailScanner

Kocisky kocisky at autistici.org
Mon Feb 27 20:50:39 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I had the same issue, updating the os it updated also that perl/archive
package, my question now is how do i re run MailScanner over all the
messages that have been quarantined?

in particular that perl/archive pkg was crashing because of docx and xlsx
files, the problem is that all those are valid files/emails and i need to
reprocess them.

Thanks!
Kociscky

Feb 27 15:29:04 mail MailScanner[30697]: Warning: skipping message
CFA4E2003F7.AF18F as it has been attempted too many times
Feb 27 15:29:04 mail MailScanner[30697]: Quarantined message
CFA4E2003F7.AF18F as it caused MailScanner to crash several times
Feb 27 15:29:07 mail MailScanner[30702]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner
version 4.84.3 starting...