Scanning outbound mail?

Phil Hale phaleintx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:21:35 GMT 2012

We have set up two sets of separate inbound only and outbound only
servers.  This allows us to have a clean stream both in and out.  The
inbound rules being much more restrictive and the outbound more
leanient.  We also use our outbound as our authenticated relay hosts so
that those not using Exchange (which smart host out) use the same final
SMTP demark from out Campus.  This allows us to set up clean DKIM/SPF
rules for mail leaving our Campus for both our Exchange/Outlook users as
well as those of us who prefer IMAP/Thunderbird.

Phil Hale
Systems Programmer II - Linux Systems Administrator
Information Technology - Systems Department
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi