Where is Julian?

J.C. Woltz jwoltz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:53:04 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Jules Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> MailScanner is now on Github. If someone can tell me how to make it not
> read-only, that's the next step. I've never used Git or Github before, so
> don't know what its project management abilities are like.

Jules,

You are the "admin" of that project. you can go into the admin section of
that project to add contributors to allow them to commit changes.

If you are unfamiliar with github, I highly recommend reading their help
sections. They have step-by-step directions for many tasks.

I kniow you have already created your repo. I recommend reading this:
http://help.github.com/create-a-repo/
plus a few other topics. They will walk you through creating an ssh public
key and adding it for authentication. (That is needed in order to commit
changes)

JC