Help Request SPAM Asian characters.

Alex Neuman alex at vidadigital.com.pa
Thu Aug 30 22:31:31 IST 2012

You can read the file he sent you and make the changes from the
Russian character set to the different asian character sets, including
Chinese, Japanese or Korean, for example. You can then recontribute
the file so everyone can benefit.

You can also try including:

ok_locales en
ok_languages en es pt

on your /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf to see if it improves by being
more aggressive on e-mail that isn't in regular "latin" characters
(ok_locales) or in English/Spanish (ok_languages). After you include
them you should restart MailScanner since it might not pick up on
those changes immediately unless you restart. From your previous
e-mail I see you *tried* doing that, but just in case I wanted to add
that you may have needed to restart the service in order for it to
pick up the changes.

Are you using DCC? Razor? Pyzor? RBL's at the MTA level? RBL's at the
MailScanner level? SPF? DKIM? A lot of these chinese spams can be
stopped before they get to the users by implementing all of the above.

Do you have any e-mail headers that could show what SA is being able
to look at? Can you use a pastebin site to paste a full (including
headers) example?

Before you include a huge embedded graphic advocating "saving trees by
not printing", you should consider how much electricity and bandwidth
was spent sending that unnecessary graphic. Millions of e-mails every
day with graphics like that make much more of an environmental impact
than the rare occasion someone prints out an e-mail. In fact, with the
cost of paper, ink and power, a lot of people avoid printing as much
as possible not to save the planet, but to save their own wallets.