MailScanner keeps dying on my CentOS 6.2 Server

Stef Morrell stef at aoc-uk.com
Tue Apr 24 16:38:57 IST 2012

Brian,

On 24 April 2012 16:29 Mail Lists wrote:
> On 04/24/2012 10:54 AM, Stef Morrell wrote:
> > Did the message get written to quarantine correctly?
> >
>    You hit the nail on the head.  MailScanner was not able to
> write to the "/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/quarantine"
> directory as soon as I changed permissions it let the mail
> through with no issue. Now the reason the permissions got
> changed was due to my mailwatch install. It said to change
> the setting in "/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf" to the following.
>
> Quarantine User =  root
> Quarantine Group = apache
>
>     When i looked the messages were not being written to that
> dir.  Any pointers as to how I should approach this?

Those are the settings I am also using with my (old old old!) version of
Mailwatch. I think you are using the new one released yesterday (lurking
on mailwatch list too), perhaps there's something odd/new in there.

I would say though, that if directory owner has write permission and
quarantine user is root, it would be very strange if root could then not
write the file.

What ownership/permissions are/were on the quarantine directories?

Stef

--
This email has been scanned by the Alpha Omega Computers MailCrusader
for viruses, spam and dangerous content.