MailScanner keeps dying on my CentOS 6.2 Server

Mail Lists lists at tatorz.com
Tue Apr 24 16:28:56 IST 2012

On 04/24/2012 10:54 AM, Stef Morrell wrote:
> Brian,
>
> On 24 April 2012 15:43 Mail Lists wrote:
>>       Well debug shows no more to me then I already know.. Not
>> much. here
>> is the results.
>>
> <snip>
>
> That looks for all the world like it is running correctly, having
> processed a batch of (one) messages and terminated properly.
>
> Did the message get written to quarantine correctly?

Stef,

   You hit the nail on the head.  MailScanner was not able to write to
the "/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/quarantine" directory as soon as I
changed permissions it let the mail through with no issue. Now the
reason the permissions got changed was due to my mailwatch install. It
said to change the setting in "/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf" to the
following.

Quarantine User =  root
Quarantine Group = apache

    When i looked the messages were not being written to that dir.  Any
pointers as to how I should approach this?
--
Brian ----- Get the latest Fremont, OH Weather
http://www.Fremont-OH-Weather.com