byebye MailScanner

Ken Anderson ka at pacific.net
Tue Apr 10 21:56:36 IST 2012

On 4/10/2012 3:16 PM, Alex Broens wrote:
> On 04/10/2012 09:59 PM, Ken A wrote:
>>
>> On 4/10/2012 2:30 PM, Alex Broens wrote:
>>> After 6 years of being a happy MailScanner, I've had to change a
>>> lighweight glue without the eternal Perl parties.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Jules, Glenn, Scott, Hugo & all the others which held my hand
>>> during my first steps with MailScanner.
>>> Also thanks to Steve Freegard for Mailwatch.
>>>
>>> I'll be unsubscribing in a couple of days.
>>> (for those who may want to contact, me this addr will remain active for
>>> quite a while)
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> PS: if curious, I'm moving my stuff to Fuglu.
>>> (https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fuglu/)
>>>

>> wow.. are there really only 2 subscribers to the fuglu-users mailing
>> list, or is there another list somewhere ?
>> Ken
>

> Mailing lists are only needed when you have problems.
> maybe its users just don't have any problems.
> .-)

good point, maybe.. ;-)
Projects with users who have no problems, are hard to evaluate in some
ways.. I like to browse a project's mailing list archives to get a sense
of the activity level, the user base, responsiveness of the
developer(s), etc..

After years of MailScanner, a 'light' solution does sounds good though..

Ken