What tables to create for using SQL capability of MailScanner conf.

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Apr 5 16:06:56 IST 2012

On 4/5/2012 10:25 AM, Alex Broens wrote:

> Is everybody listening to the same airwave?
>
> MailScanner's SQL stuff has zero to do with Mailwatch's SQL schema.
>
> Seems to me Tom is referring to MailScanner's schema.
>
> or am I still listening AM radio ?
>
> Alex

I believe you're on FM and correct. I suppose MailWatch's database could
be used for such a thing as required by the OP, but what he's asking for
is a separate database that's referenced in the config file under the
SQL section. The fields are described slightly in the config file's
comments, but I could not find any creation information on this database
anywhere. Maybe someone could point us all to the link of the manual
that describes this?

Now, for Tom:

I for one have never used this database, but I do use MailWatch and it's
database. I was under the impression that this database was a lot like
MCP in it's utilization. In other words, not very many people used it
even though it is described in the config file.

My suggestion to the OP is to skip the database setup unless there is a
real need to use it. I've been able to use MS for many years without the
database and have opted instead for the text files of rules for both MS
and SA. These are much easier to manage in the long run and use very
little overhead that a database would require.

Good luck,

steve