What tables to create for using SQL capability of MailScanner conf.

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 5 14:41:07 IST 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Joolee <mailscanner at joolee.nl> wrote:
> Well, if you did read the manual, you'd seen that there is a property
> called "SQL Debug" you can set to "Yes" to get more information from
> Mailscanner about the MySQL connection.
> You tell us MailScanner connected to MySQL properly? In that case, you
> can tell us what queries your MailScanner sends to MySQL and what
> answers it receives. How do you know that Mailscanner connects
> properly and the configured queries give the correct results?

What he's asking for is to how to set up the database needed, he even
gives an example of what he wants in his first post. Still people just
post stuff like RTFM, turn debugging on, read the source, if you don't
understand it you shouldn't run it and so on.

I have snapped at people too but I have never seen so many feel
obliged to reply to this guy without actually helping him the way he
wants to be helped. If you can't or won't help him why do feel a need
to tell him so? Can't you just ignore his post?

If you have figured out how to set up a working database it wouldn't
be so hard to dump the structure of it so he could import it. Maybe
someone could post it to a wiki and help the next guy out as well.

/peter