oddity on ms start - Found word(s) check out in the Text body

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:15:10 IST 2011

On 28 October 2011 10:01, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one of those in the making too (noticed the diff in initscript naming
> ... MailScanner != mailscanner), so will check/compare with my prod systems.
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
>
> Den 28 okt 2011 03:08 skrev "Jeremy McSpadden" <jeremy at fluxlabs.net>:
>>
>> The MS rpm was pulled down from the Baruwa repo. I will build it out a few
>> more times to determine if it is the repo or not.

Well well, there it is... The init script supplied by the "baruwa repo
version" of mailscanner isn't the same as the one provided by
mailscanner.info. Just to be sure, I've DL'd the same version from
both, extracred (rpm2cpio mailsc*.rpm | cpio -i -d) both, and done
some looking and some diffs.
I'm not saying the baruwa one is bad, just that it is different and
hence might suffer from less exposure than the MailScanner one. I'm
sure the baruwa maintainer has a good reason for the change.
Question becomes... what else differs between the packages? I'll do
some further diffs and  let you know.

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn