Question for the list - SMTP MAX Size

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Oct 27 18:16:37 IST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:47:13AM -0500, Andrews Carl 448 wrote:
> What do you typically allow for incoming and/or outgoing messages through
> your SMTP gateway? What is best practice? 10M, 20M, ??

At my day job, the Notes admins have imposed a ceiling of something like 50
MB or 100 MB, but I have no limit set on my inbound filters. The ceiling is
that high because we're the largest civil engineering shop in the state.
My users haven't learned the fine art of FTP and rsync, and so far have
refused to use the udel.edu dropbox or its descendant Zend-to. *sigh*

Outbound, I see a general size limit of 10 MB, with a few sites going as
high as 20 or 25 MB.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx