SpamAssassin Installation [How Best/Recommended]

Mike's List mikelist at leawood.com
Wed Oct 5 21:30:51 IST 2011

Hi Group,

I finished reading mailscanner-manual-version-1.0.1.pdf (dated 2004).
In the manual, installation of SpamAssassin is via tar, make, etc.
However, you can also install SA in perl-CPAN or that of install.sh
script/package downloaded from MailScanner.info (not attractive due
to an older version of ClamAV and SA, for SA 3.3.1 vs 3.3.2, not bad).

My question:

What is the recommended way of installing SA so that SA can play nice
with MailScanner and all its configurations tie together, etc.?

Follow-up: If I installed using the SA/ClamAV package from MailScanner,
can I installed ClamAV via rpm then run the script to install SA only?
(install script complaint that the version of ClamAV is about to be
deprecated.)

All inputs are welcome.  Thank you.

Mike