Monitoring ClamAV and MailScanner

Mike mike at leawood.com
Sat Oct 1 23:42:16 IST 2011

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011, Peter Bonivart wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Mike <mike at leawood.com> wrote:
>> Yes, similar to that of SpamAssassin.  I can see the "spamd" processing
>> each e-mail in /var/log/maillog but I'm not seeing in for clamd/clamav.
>
> First of all, you shouldn't use spamd with MailScanner. Logging is set
> in the configuration of MailScanner and ClamAV respectively, also
> check syslog.conf.

I should turn SpamAssassin off then?  MailScanner automatically uses
SpamAssassin even when it's not running? (i.e. similar to that of
sendmail?).

// from /etc/clamd.conf

LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamd.log
#LogVerbose yes

I'm not seeing any scan results in clamd.log, should I turn on
LogVerbose for more information to be updated in clamd.log?

# Execute a command when virus is found. In the command string %v will
# be replaced with the virus name.
# Default: no
#VirusEvent /usr/local/bin/send_sms 123456789 "VIRUS ALERT: %v"

Should this option also be on?

Thank you.

Mike