Clamd permission error

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Nov 18 14:43:51 GMT 2011

I'm getting the following error in my logs:

Clamd::ERROR:: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERRORClamd::ERROR::
lstat() failed: Permission denied......

Looking back, I found a thread suggesting I should switch to the
internal tnef expander, which I am trying now, and to ensure the
"incoming" directory is accessible by the clam user (clamav). I've
followed the suggestions in the MailScanner.conf file for the situation
I am running under. The temp folders under the incoming directory, along
with the incoming folder itself, where the winmail.dat is expanded IS
owned by clamav.

So I'm wondering if the 0640 mod on the folders is the proper mod.
Should there be any sticky bits or anything set?

Just curious, since this seems to be the first time I've run into this
and I've been using MS for years.

steve campbell