Very bad score spamassassin

Markus Nilsson markus at markusoft.se
Thu Nov 17 10:06:49 GMT 2011

----- Original Message -----

Are these scores all for actual SPAM messages?

> I dont use DCC client, razor or pyzor. When I do mailscanner –lint,
> there is no error.
Using some of these services would probably improve your scoring.

> About my bayes on the server :
>
> Bayes Database Information
> Number of Spam Messages:
> 1,035
>
> Number of Ham Messages:
> 27,032
>
> Number of Tokens:
> 997,996
>
> Oldest Token:
> Fri, 04 Apr 2003 07:00:00 +0200
>
> Newest Token:
> Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:01:30 +0100
>
> Last Journal Sync:
> Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:26:01 +0100
>
> Last Expiry:
> Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 +0100
>
> Last Expiry Reduction Count:
> 0 tokens

Do you manually train the BAYES database?

Are the 27k Ham messages really only ham? Or does the dataabse contain wrongly trained messages?
The oldest token is 8 years old, you should remove the old tokens from the database, and only keep more recent ones. Seems like you have never run an expiry run!

> I don’t know if it is normal ? someone can tell me

> Thanks.

> Ps : When we post new topic, wen send to
> mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info , but how to respond to one topic
> open ?
Just reply to the message and it will end up in the same thread!