OT: auto responder (OOO) question

Rob Poe rob at poeweb.com
Fri May 13 05:05:16 IST 2011

Quoting Rob Poe <rob at poeweb.com>:

> On 5/12/2011 3:46 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> > on 5/12/2011 1:09 PM Steve Campbell spake the following:

> persuaded me
> sendmail.
> no

> I setup a simple bash script for it -- no checking (honestly, didn't
> care too much about checking).  They've used it forever .. use, don't
> use, modify, whatever.  Enjoy!
>
> --
Rob,

I saw this very same script and think I tried it. Didn't use the surrounding
scripts to turn on/off, but a good idea.

BTW, what checking are you referring to?

Thanks,
steve

Checking to see if they gave it an argument or spitting an error message
telling them to use it as vacationon username instead ofjust vacationon..