What else can be done?

Danilo Marques de Gouveia dm.gouveia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:14:25 GMT 2011

Hi Guys,

Hope someone could help me 'cause I searched the list and I didn't find an
answer.

I'm running a Ubuntu server 10.10 with Postfix 2.7.1 with
MailScanner 4.79.11, ClamAV 0.96, SpamAssassin and MailWatch.

It started when I realized that clamAV wasn't doing the job correctly, then
I moved my configs back to clamscan instead of using clamdscan. I don't know
why but when I change the clamav-wrapper to clamdscan the clamav "check the
message"but didn't recognize any virus, anyway this is not the biggest
problem.

When I moved the configs back (only the config into the wrapper) when any
'suspect message' arrive in my network (can be a .chm or .com for example)
the recipient is not receiving the warning which says were his file was
archived !!!

What is saving me for a while now is the mailwatch that advise me when a
email with virus or suspected file arrive, however my customers are not
receiving that notification anymore and before I moved the wrapper config it
was working perfectly.

A bit about my MailScanner.conf

Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes

I just realize that my postfix maybe have a problem because I got the error
below into the mail.log

 mike postfix/error[12214]: 70922280BE8: to=<fakemail at mydomain.com>,
relay=none, delay=17599, delays=17598/0.23/0/0.15, dsn=4.3.0,
status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

Any ideas? I'm running a postfix relay server, postmap is up to date and I
have a transport file indicating the server that those messages need to be
routed.

Thanks all,
--
Danilo Marques de Gouveia