how to allow mobile user to send email with getting blocked

Alex Neuman alex at vidadigital.com.pa
Fri Jun 17 14:48:07 IST 2011

You'd also have to have that other MTA use the MailScanner-enabled
host as a SMART_HOST in order to enjoy all the other benefits of
running MailScanner, such as virus scanning, content filtering, etc.

The way I do it is a workaround, but it keeps you from having to run
different instances or set up nonstandard ports.

IMHO people should use MSA (587) or SMTP/S (465) anyway, so I have
those enabled in all my MTA's.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would have a sendmail listening on a different other than 25 and
> have this be trusted with passwords etc. This can route without
> mailscanner ( or a less restrictive setup eg no SA being called )
>
> It's fairly common these days for the outgoing mta for clients to be
> on something other than Port 25
>
> Martin
>
> On Friday, 17 June 2011, Alex Neuman <alex at vidadigital.com.pa> wrote:
>> This has been asked in the past, and I repeat my solution for the benefit of those who haven't had the opportunity to search the archives for a solution.
>>
>> If you're not using sendmail as your MTA you can try doing something like this on your own MTA similarly.
>>
>> My sendmail.mc has a line like this:
>>
>> define(`confRECEIVED_HEADER', `_REC_HDR_
>>         _REC_FULL_AUTH_$?{auth_ssf} MYOWNTOKEN bits=${auth_ssf}$.)
>>         _REC_BY_
>>         _REC_TLS_
>>         _REC_END_')dnl
>>
>> Where "MYOWNTOKEN" is something not trivially guessable.
>>

>> Then in /etc/mail/spamassasin/local.cf I add:
>>
>> header MYOWNTOKEN ALL =~ /MYOWNTOKEN/
>> score MYOWNTOKEN -100
>>
>> This way, everyone who *REALLY* authenticates in my server gets scored -100 and therefore it doesn't get flagged as spam.
>>
>> On Jun 16, 2011, at 6:10 PM, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering what you all suggest is the best way to deal with the
>>> following.
>>>
>>> Mailscanner machine at the enge of the network, internal imap mailserver,
>>> users with mobile phones connected via imaps to the internal server with
>>> various mail clients.
>>>
>>> SMTP Auth is in place for all users to send email.
>>>
>>> Approx 50% percent of the time, the users on one cell provider (Mobilicity)
>>> have their mail marked as spam and quarantined, generally users on Rogers,
>>> Fido, or Telus don't have the same problem or not to same extent, eg
>>>
>>> SpamAssassin Score:   4.42
>>> Spam Report:
>>>       Score   Matching Rule   Descriptioncached       not
>>>       score=4.423
>>> 4     required
>>> -2.60 BAYES_00        Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
>>> -3.30 KHOP_DNSBL_ADJ
>>> -1.50 KHOP_THREADED
>>> 1.96  RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET  Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
>>> 1.70  RCVD_IN_HOSTKARMA_BL
>>> 2.00  RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_BL
>>> 0.01  RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_L3
>>> 2.40  RCVD_IN_PSBL
>>> 0.62  RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB       SORBS: sender is a abuseable web server
>>> 3.03  RCVD_IN_XBL     Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL