MailScanner not starting error

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Jun 16 20:31:25 IST 2011

Hi there --

I ran the commands listed in your e-mail, and for good measure I confirmed
that sendmail was not configured to start on system boot. After that, I did
reboot the server.

After the server came up I checked for an instance of MailScanner running,
and there was none. When I ran the MailScanner script with the status option,
MailScanner continued to appear as failed.

As far as running sendmail processes are concerned, here is a listing of them:

root      2828     1  0 15:26 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: accepting connections

smmsp     2832     1  0 15:26 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: Queue runner at 00:15:00
for /var/spool/clientmqueue
root      2836     1  0 15:26 ?        00:00:00 sendmail: Queue runner at 00:15:00
for /var/spool/mqueue