CentOS 5 perl update

Edward Prendergast edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 13:54:19 IST 2011

On 15/06/11 13:35, Roy Kaldung wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:18:06 -0400, "Joshua F. Withrow"
> <jwithrow at matech.net>  wrote:
>> I'm having similar problems, but haven't resolved them yet.  How did you
>> force the installation of File::Temp and Scalar::Util?
>>
> Hi,
>
> Just use the command
>      force install packagename
> from the CPAN shell, I just run into the same problem and fixed it this
> way.

I've found mixing and matching CPAN modules with those from RPM on
CentOS problematic in the past, and I prefer to use local::lib
(http://search.cpan.org/dist/local-lib/lib/local/lib.pm) or a custom
perl build.

Just my 2c, this is what works in our setup, it may not be right for
you, and as always, YMMV!

Edward

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your
computer.