MailScanner won't release email

Dave Higgins dave.higgins at dkds.us
Tue Jul 26 17:05:04 IST 2011

I solved the problem.  There appears to be a problem with permissions.
In the startup script, I had to add a -c${user} to the line:

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --nicelevel $run_nice -c${user} --exec
$DAEMON --name $NAME -- $DAEMON_ARGS

There are 2 start-stop-daemon lines, this (in my configuration) is the
second line.

--
Dave Higgins
Littleton, Colorado