MailScanner won't release email

Dave Higgins dave.higgins at dkds.us
Tue Jul 26 16:51:48 IST 2011

My power went out and my machine restarted but MailScanner was damaged
in the process.  My configuration has worked for quite some time and
haven't had any troubles.  Email will not be delivered as it should.
'postqueue -p' shows the QueueID with an ! after each message.  I can do
a postsuper -H $ID and release a message, but that's a bit of a pain.

When I run MailScanner --debug as user postfix, I get no errors.
When I run MailScanner --lint, other than ClamAV being out of date,
nothing gives me any indication of problems.

When I do a '/etc/init.d/mailscanner start' to start the process, as it
would at startup, it does not work.

When I 'su - postfix' and then do 'MailScanner --debug', it works.

I'm at a loss at this point.

--
Dave Higgins
Littleton, Colorado