limiting damage done by a compromised account

Sean M. Schipper sean.m.schipper at lawrence.edu
Mon Jan 24 16:42:15 GMT 2011

Hi,
I use Mailscanner ( v4.79 on RH Linux with spamassassin & Clam) in front of Exchange 2010.  Occasionally at our university we'll have a student email in their login credentials in response to phishing email that got thru.   We don't scan outgoing messages since I don't want to block outgoing emails except for this situation.  I'm looking for advice on what to do to protect us from being a source of spam.   We currently have a poor reputation on from senderbase which I've been unable to correct - any ideas on anything I can do to speed up this process would be welcome as well.

Thanks,
Sean